Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week 10 Assignment

Dr. Alice Christie, an educator for the past forty years designed a website for fellow teachers to show the value in using technology in the classroom. Her website has many helpful links that provide information on computer technology. One section I chose was the Educational Technology Guide because it has many links of different ways of using technology in the classroom. Using technology in the classroom enhances a teacher's ability to teach and the students ability to learn. Dr. Christie gives rubrics on grading computer based work like web units and power points. She also provides teachers with the internet slang so that they do not get lost in the way teenagers talk now. Another section that I find useful is the workshop link. Dr. Christie informs when a workshop is and what material it will be covering.

I think both of these sections would be useful to me as a teacher because she gives you many different technological strategies to use within your classroom. She helps you by giving an example rubric and a whole list of internet slang. I believe in the classroom you should use different teaching strategies to help influence the best learning for all students. Involving technology in your classroom is a great way to do this. The workshop section would be another useful topic to me as an educator because it would be beneficial to attend one of her workshops if I wanted to implement one of her teaching strategies in my own classroom.

No comments: